Monday, March 4, 2013

Special


At work we are doing a little (huge) remodel. I get to sit in a big open area with no doors or heat that is directly in the construction zone. Literally I come home covered in dust every day, in fact I probably shouldn’t drive because my contacts are pretty much coated white when I take them out….

Anyway, not only am I getting what I think is the black lung from inhaling so much sheet rock dust, but because random people are coming in and out so much, I’ve begun talking to all the construction guys in grunts:

Guy walks in

Him: nod of the head

Me: grunt (meaning hello)

Me (in my head to myself): really? Did you just grunt?

Guy walks out to go to lunch

Him: nod of the head

Me: grunt in acknowledgment that he exists

Me (in head to self): Really? I just did that again? K, next time I will really make an effort to use my words

Guy walks back in

Him: nod of the head

Me: try to say hi, but it gets stuck in my throat on the way out and sounds like a boy in puberty grunting.

I then gave up and went for a half closed-mouth smile that probably makes me look like a socially awkward pre teen on the verge of crying.
  
I imagine it looks something like this:







The end.

No comments:

Post a Comment